Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Clean and Jerk

So I made it through the Olympic Weightlifting course!!! I learned a ton and definitely will be using the knowledge I gained. The body was a little sore, but nothing compared to the pain I endured on Monday. I ventured out on a 6 hour hike with Tim, Denise and Denise's boyfriend, Jamie. We decided to hike up Buntzen because we thought it would have less snow than Golden Ears, and yeah we were very very wrong. There was a ridiculous amount of snow after the first lookout and we were literally cutting fresh tracks for hours in runners and hikers. The snow was coming up to my hips and at one point I decided that crawling across the top of it would be easier. The four of us took turns cutting the tracks, but we were all pretty cooked at about 4 hours in and decided we needed to turn around and abort out initial intentions of doing a loop. It was a great day, but I am feeling a wee bit tired today!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww squirt....you so cute! We gotta lift weights when I come home! You can show me what you learned. xo

    ReplyDelete