Monday, November 15, 2010

More Hiking and Adventures







This past weekend I decided to go exploring a little further into my backyard. I went on a great hike with my roomie Tim and cycling buddy, Denise and it was good times. We had set out to do no more than 6 hours because Denise had a school assignment and we would have had to wake up a lot earlier than 8am if we wanted to get in the 10 hour option hike. We ended up doing the Lindsay Lake loop at Buntzen Lake and it would have had some amazing views had it not been so misty and foggy- oh well looks like we will have to do it again :). There was actually a fair amount of snow at the top too which made for some slipping and sketchy descents, but it was much better than all of the wet puddles we had to truck through prior to the snow. Good thing I have gortex runners, Tim and Denise are not so lucky :) Surprisingly we ran into a fair amount of people on our hike, I thought I was the only crazy one, but no there are others like my kind. We met a couple that drove in from Vancouver and once again I was reminded that I love where I live. We didn't run into any wild life which is good, I would like to think this is because I kept the noise levels up the ENTIRE hike since my friends were in a state of lethargy haha. Okay I must admit my quads were burning as we began our descent and I was struggling to not fall into the mindless trance where you can't even remember how you made it down the mountain. I am determined to go back up there, but this time I want to do the longer loop. I am really hoping the rain stops soon, some sun would be ideal, but as we like to say Harden the F**** Up Princess. Tomorrow is gym day and that means deadlifts and squats and DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). I am wondering if the DOMS will ever go away? My plan is to get stronger than my sister, you know the olympic rower haha. Just because she is almost 6 ft tall and has about 30lbs more of muscle mass doesn't mean she can beat me in the gym right? By the way, my sister just won Silver at the World Championships in the women's 8, not too shabby if I do say so myself. I told her I am thinking of becoming a lightweight rower again :) Focus Leah, Focus. And while me and big sis are working on our quads, little sis is singing up a storm. She is going to be doing a concert I believe in December so I will keep you posted on the date and venue. She is killing it right now and is on her way to some big success. So much excitement in my family, I love it!!!!

2 comments: