Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowshoeing!!!!


It may only be November, but there is snow and when there is snow, there is snowshoeing. Some friends and I decided to venture to the top of the third peak on Seymour and we couldn't have lucked out with a better day. The sun was shining and the snow was abundant which made for some soft landings. Heading into the third peak there was one section that I was not too fond of. The fact that I could see some rocks and a rock ledge/dropoff didn't appeal to me so much, call me crazy haha. Unfortunately, Denise went down like it was a slip and slide having the time of her life, damn 20 year olds, and there were several strangers watching at the bottom telling me to "go, come on just do it," so I really had no choice. It actually wasn't bad, but it looked freaking scary!!!! I am excited for more snowshoeing and skate skiing ahead. I will need to work on my skate skiing skills because I am pretty sure it is supposed to be a lower body workout and not an upper body one ha. Along with some fun weekend adventures, I also got certified in FMS which is Functional Movement Screening. It is basically a screening process that enables the trainer to asses ones body movements in some basic functional movements and determine whether or not they have any mobility or stability problems. I would love to screen a handful of cyclists because I can almost guarantee the majority are one step away from a serious injury, whether it be lower back, hip, shoulder, or knee issues. My plan is to take this knowledge I have gained and continue learning in hopes of helping my fellow athletes out. I will keep you posted on this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment