Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Having some FUN


So my goal is to get back to blogging and start sharing all of my amazing experiences with my friends and family. I have been thoroughly enjoying the off season. It was a rough start, as my body was only capable of sitting on a road bike and turning the cranks around for hours on end. My first gym workout led to some very unpleasant pain the next day, as did my first 4 hour hike. As a Kinesiologist and personal trainer, I would highly recommend not doing what I do haha. After a couple of weeks, my body has been adjusting to the new stresses I have put upon it. My weights are increasing in the gym and I just got back from a weekend of hiking for 12 hours. I went and hiked Black Tusk and Wedgemount Lake in the Squamish and Whistler area. The snow is starting to accumulate now on the top of the mountains so I think I need to dust off the snowshoes. It is so nice to be home in Port Moody and I am loving training for fun and purely because I want to. Although, I must admit I did go for a road ride yesterday and it felt like home. Well that's all for now, I need to run some errands and get ready for my appointment this afternoon with a man specializing in structural integration, should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment