Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to Blogging

So I have not blogged in the longest time and I am feeling rather guilty about it, yes I know I feel guilty about everything I do ha. This is not because I think there are people reading my blog and I am disappointing them, it is more for myself and to keep myself accountable for something I started. I always want to blog when everything is going great in my life, and NEVER want to blog when I am struggling and I think I need to change that. Life throws you curve balls whether you want them or not and it is all about how you deal with them. Once again, I am not good at dealing with curve balls and sometimes it takes me some crying, some depressed days and some conversations with great friends to help get me back on track. Over the past month, I have been dealing with stomach issues, fatigue, dizziness, weakness etc. and no one knew what was wrong with me. I had some similar symptoms I had last year at the SAME TIME and didn't understand how this could possibly be happening to me again. After being disappointed by several doctors, I basically requested that they test everything and anything possible. I spent countless hours on the internet, like seriously all hours of the day and night, I had/have hehe a serious problem. And no, I was not looking at inappropriate things people!!! I came to the conclusion that I had Giardia and even though my doctor said there is no way that is what it is, I demanded that we test for it. Three days later, my results showed I have Giardia!!!! Once again, I listened to my body and I was right, this just reaffirms that you need to listen to your gut instinct. I have been on five rounds of antibiotics over the past month and my body feels it. I am currently taking multiple supplements and herbal remedies in hopes of healing quicker. I have had to ease off of the training and just ride to spin the legs out and keep the mind sane. I am starting to come around and I am very optimistic that I will be good to go in one more week. I am really looking forward to getting back on the bike and training. I am heading to South Carolina on Feb.17th for a National team training camp, so lets hope I am recovered and good to go by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment